|Written by Business School Nederland|
|Monday, 26 September 2016|
Uncertain times, ‘famous bitter balls’ and 413 new, proud BSN alumni
Saturday 17 September marked the 18th celebration of BSN’s Graduation Day. A fantastic and festive day, not only for the 413 graduates receiving their MBA and DBA certificates, but also for the staff of Business School Netherlands.
Dutch graduate Paulien van Eerdenburg looks back at an unforgettable day:
The final number of graduates totaled 413 – nearly 100 more than last year’s edition when ‘only’ 325 students graduated. An impressive 389 students graduated with their MBA certificate, while another 24 obtained their Doctor of Business Administration – the highest attainable degree at BSN. Of the total number of graduates, the ceremony was attended by 196 international students originating from China, The Netherlands, Bangladesh, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Suriname, Curacao, Czech Republic, Uganda, Ethiopia and Tanzania: a truly colourful mix of students from some of the countries where BSN operates.
Not always a certainty, this year’s weather was remarkably festive too: it was a clear and sunny day in Scheveningen. When the official ceremony started, faces were still a bit tensed, with cautious smiles here and there of students dressed in traditional gowns and hats. When the director of BSN – Netherlands, Frank Campman, announced that ‘famous Dutch bitter balls’ were to be served later, the first loud laughs where audible.
Juanita Bouwer, Director of BSN – International, looks back on a remarkable day: “Graduation Day was once again a fantastic experience with international graduates hailing from so many different countries. It’s so very exciting to see the multi-cultural make-up of the alumni of BSN and knowing how many problems they have resolved in their organisations and own countries. Truly a networking experience for all with much joy!”
The highest highlight
“They’ve shown that doing an MBA can truly be festive – given that, of course, it’s hard and challenging to keep up your job and family life at the same time. What a fantastic achievement to literally fly as high as they did!” narrates Arthur.
All 196 international graduates were wholeheartedly congratulated by BSN’s international faculty:
What a fantastic day, congratulations to all, we already look forward to next year!
To view more photos of this memorable day, please visit our online photo album on Facebook.
- ‘This MBA will give me a deeper understanding of the changing business environment’ - June 5, 2017
- Pre-announcement BSN Identity Seminar, about Leadership and Personal Empowerment - May 26, 2017
- Business School Netherlands Promotes Youth Empowerment in Africa - May 25, 2017
- Netherlands Host Education Fair - May 15, 2017
- Dutch higher education attracts record 112,000 international students - May 8, 2017
- The 13 countries with the best quality education in the world, according to expats - April 21, 2017
- Business School Netherlands MBA Programmes ranked as European and Global Tier One - April 12, 2017
- 10 Ways BSN Toastmasters Can Boost Your Career - December 17, 2016
- TV and Radio host, to being Nike’s Regional Marketing Manager: Meet Algerian Amo Mariche - December 9, 2016
- Women in Africa: this is how an MBA can impact your life - December 9, 2016