A total of 202 Nigerians have so far graduated with Executive Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the Business School Netherlands (BSN), Nigeria outreach, within 10 years the institution commenced training in the country.
The number represents 8.4 per cent of over 2,400 graduates of the school globally and about 700 are currently in the school in the country.
The visiting Global Chief Executive Officer of the school, Mrs. Juanita Bouwer disclosed the development at a press briefing in Lagos as part of her visit to Nigeria.
Mrs. Bouwer was in Nigeria as part of activities marking the Silver Jubilee of the school with headquarters in Netherlands and outreach in 15 countries across the world including Nigeria. She explained that her visit was also to personally welcome the 42 new graduates of the school from Nigeria, which he said was a significant landmark and achievement for the school and the country.
The global CEO who said Nigeria is a “strong center” of the 15 centers of BSN worldwide, stated further, “We are looking at greater collaboration with Nigeria in solving Africa’s economic and leadership challenges using our unique action learning approach in preparing future generations for a better life.
We expect that the managers and specialists, who train using our methodology, would apply their practical learning to solving problems in their various workplaces and accelerating productivity. Higher productivity of all resources is critical for enhancing development in Nigeria. As several authorities have noted, when we get development right in Nigeria, we have gotten it right in Africa. “
Also speaking, the Chief Executive of the institution in Nigeria, Mr. Lere Baale, explained that graduates from the school were now in top management positions of their various organisations, which include government establishments and corporate world within and outside the country.
He said BSN was known worldwide for its unique teaching and learning methods which have made its products highly competitive in their respective fields of endeavors among their peers elsewhere around the world. BSN, according to him, offers practical and experienced based knowledge to its students and this has enabled them to impact positively on themselves, work, organisations and their future.
“There is more to gain as a professional if one undergoes Executive master’s programme in such high rated institution as BSN as the institution trains its students how to be able to manage themselves and other human and material resources well and get results at the end of the day. And we ensure our students understand that they would have to learn from both their successes and failures,” he further explained.
He disclosed that every student is expected to complete eight projects within two-year course duration , adding that the school, from this year, had made it mandatory for students, including those from Nigeria, to undergo an intensive study tour in the Netherlands as part of their course fulfillment.
BSN, which started with one outreach center in Ota, Ogun State, a decade ago, is now having study centers in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt with the hope of opening additional center in Jos to meet the increasing demand for its programmes in the country.
Find Below the pictures of 2013 Graduates;
We wish all our Comrades the very best!
- ‘This MBA will give me a deeper understanding of the changing business environment’ - June 5, 2017
- Pre-announcement BSN Identity Seminar, about Leadership and Personal Empowerment - May 26, 2017
- Business School Netherlands Promotes Youth Empowerment in Africa - May 25, 2017
- Netherlands Host Education Fair - May 15, 2017
- Dutch higher education attracts record 112,000 international students - May 8, 2017
- The 13 countries with the best quality education in the world, according to expats - April 21, 2017
- Business School Netherlands MBA Programmes ranked as European and Global Tier One - April 12, 2017
- 10 Ways BSN Toastmasters Can Boost Your Career - December 17, 2016
- TV and Radio host, to being Nike’s Regional Marketing Manager: Meet Algerian Amo Mariche - December 9, 2016
- Women in Africa: this is how an MBA can impact your life - December 9, 2016